George L. Wolff Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Dallas Council of Charitable Gift Planners has established the George L. Wolff Memorial Scholarship Fund to offer educational opportunities to fundraising and charitable gift planning professionals in the North Texas community. The goal of the program is to promote philanthropic planning techniques among a broad base of individuals. Additionally, the Dallas Council of Charitable Gift Planners wishes to encourage participation from organizations that have not developed gift planning as a fundraising strategy. The 2017 Scholarship Program will run from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
Benefits of Participation.
The scholarship program provides annual membership dues for up to four (4) fundraising or charitable gift planning professionals as follows:
- National membership for one (1) year; and
- Dallas Council of Charitable Gift Planners membership for one (1) year.
Expectations of Recipients.
Scholarship award recipients are expected to attend and participate on a regular basis in Dallas Council of Charitable Gift Planners programs/events. At the conclusion of the year, award recipients will be encouraged to maintain their membership and involvement with the chapter.
- Be one of the following:
- Have the full support of his/her supervisor and the organization’s leadership to participate in this opportunity.
- Be committed to attending the programs and events sponsored by the Dallas Council of Charitable Gift Planners.
Selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrated interest in gift planning
- Demonstrated commitment to attendance
- Financial need
- Relative benefit to the recipient and his/her non-profit
To apply, applicants must complete and electronically submit the application and supporting documentation to Teresa Moore, Executive Director of Dallas Council of Charitable Gift Planners, email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. CDT, on December 31, 2016. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee, and scholarship winners will be notified electronically and introduced at the March Program. PLEASE NOTE THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR 2016.